Wednesday 22 August 2012

TaeKwonDo... and 4 other classes

Oh such a long day. Wednesday started off crazy and seemed to never end. My first lecture was "Edutaining" so we got to play games basically. It was very helpful, and fun for us at the same time to help wake us up. After that lesson we headed down to the gym for our TaeKwonDo class. We were taught by the coach for the national team, as in the Olympic coach for Korea. So yeah, he is a pretty big deal. We started off with intense stretching, which had all of us sweating before we started the technique part of class. The entire hour and a half was spent running and kicking and screaming. I have deep respect for those who are black belt and beyond. Our instructor was a black belt level 6. I assume that is extra power to fight off ninjas and what not.

After an exhausting class it was time to get lunch. I have not expressed how great the food is here. The dining hall really does it up for us. Every meal gets better and better, which you would think is impossible after one meal. Of course I have had kimchi 3 times a day (yes, that means breakfast too) everyday that I have been here.

The lecture after lunch was beyond boring. Not sure If it was because we were all exhausted from TaeKwonDo or being full from lunch or just flat out boring. The lesson was on Co-Teaching. It was a little helpful, but not as much as all of the other lessons. The last big lecture of the day was on English Comprehension. The Korean guy that taught it looked to be around 27, we were all shocked when he admitted he was 39. Obviously Koreans do not age. His lecture was so entertaining and made you really think about how foreigners here English.

It was finally time for dinner and a small break. Afterwards we had Korean class. I am so thankful that I had my intense course at Dong-A last year because everything so far has been very simple. But now I have more confidence in my Korean reading skills. I hope it continues.

Tomorrow (Thursday) we will all be going on a field trip. YAYYY!!!! This is a much needed break, as we all are brain dead at this point. I am looking forward to bonding with my friends in my group even more since we are all going to be in the same province for the next year. I know I have already made life long friends here in these few short days. I have to keep reminding myself that I just met all of these people because it feels like I have known them for ages.

Tomorrow should be a great day for pictures :)


No comments:

Post a Comment