Tuesday 21 August 2012

Day 2

Day 2 of EPIK Orientation started off with the wonderful physicals. Thankfully with being in Group 6 my group was the last to go, which meant we could sleep in. The physicals were held on the stage in the Arts Center. There were  different stations to go to including height, weight, eye exam, hearing test, chest x-ray and blood pressure. And let's not forget the infamous blood test and urine test. Getting blood drawn was easy as pie for myself, I washed the whole process. The urine test was a different story. Being my first time for anything like that, I was totally freaked out. I managed my way through it though.

The afternoon was spent in two different lectures, Lesson Planning and Elementary Education. Both were a lot of fun. The presenters were very energetic and had a lot of helpful tips for all of us. After dinner we then split into smaller group from our larger groups for Korean class. At first I opted to be in the 2nd level since I took Korean last Summer at Dong-A, but then asked my group leader if I could be in the beginners class to refresh my memory. Luckily I knew everything we covered in class, so I wasn't overwhelmed like I would have been in the level 2 class. The rest of the week in that class will be spent on the alphabet, which I know but still have a hard time with.

After Korean class a lot of the teachers (I still find it hard to believe I am refereed to as a teacher) went down the street to hangout. 9 of us decided to go to a Karaoke place. We rented a room for an hour for $2 per person. It was so much fun, granted we all just met yesterday you would never know by looking at us interacting with each other already.

This orientation has been so helpful already. I am looking forward to the other lecture for the rest of the week. Today I have 3 lectures and a Tae Kwon Do class... I'm pretty pumped for it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment