Saturday 18 August 2012

Leaving On a Jet Plane....

My last few hours on US soil for a whole year. It's scary to think about. I am very excited, anxious and nervous all at the same time. The past two weeks have been absolutely wonderful. I have gotten to spend time with those people who mean the world to me.

Thank you to each and everyone of you who taken a little time out of your day or night to drop by and see me. Some planned and some by surprise. But both made my heart smile.

My family has been so supportive of me through this whole process. They are the ones who have made me what I am and given me the confidence to go out into the unknown world. I know the next year is going to be fun yet I may get lonely at times. I am definitely going to miss some things from the homeland.

Family
Friends
ZTA sisters
Church (which I will find one in Korea)
Sunday lunches
Chickfila
Bojangles
Sweet tea
Diet coke (coke light isn't the same)
Reecee cups
Long drives
COLLEGE FOOTBALL
Athens on Saturdays
ESPN
Fox News
The Today Show
Friends every night on Nick at Nite
American tv in general
My jeep, although my Dad is excited about getting to drive it
Greenwood
Grace Street and everyone who I've shared countless memories there with. Those memories are worth more than gold to me.
Long nights on the porch
The easiness of picking up my phone and calling or texting
Christmas and all of the holidays
Southern charm and manners


As you can tell there are many things that I know I am going to miss. Sadly most are materialistic items. But I know this year will teach me a lot personally. I know I will leave Korea being more appreciative of the smaller things in life.

Continue to check my blog. I am sure I will be blogging about new adventures, classroom stories, and differences in Korea and the US. Along with some of the typical Corbin moments.

Note: Korea is 13 hours ahead of Georgia/South Carolina time.
The flight from Chicago is 13.5 hours.
I will arrive in Incheon around 3:15 Sunday, August 19th US time.

I will update as soon as I get wifi and time to sit down and reflect. The first week is orientation and very busy.



Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment