Sunday 19 August 2012

"It's a Small, Small World..."

I have finally made it back to the wonderful country of South Korea. I left home at 2:30 Saturday morning for a 6:50 flight from Atlanta to Chicago. There I had a four hour lay-over, which seemed like 40 because I was exhausted. I did catch a short nap in there. Before boarding I met a few of the EPIK teachers that were on my flight. The flight was super long, and I had a middle seat, so needless to say I couldn't wait to get off.

Once we landed everyone went through immigration and got there luggage. As I was coming out of the baggage claim area to go to the EPIK desk to check in I ran into a familiar face, Jake, who attended the coaches clinic at Lander for students a the National University for Sports here. Who would have though half way around the world I would see someone I knew. It's a small world after all. So with that taking place I was at ease knowing this isn't unfamiliar territory for me. After I checked in I met 12 or so other teachers, most being from the Chicago area and a few from other places. We all clicked instantly. On the bus ride, that was 3 or so hours, we all chatted and got comfortable with one another.

When we arrived at Jeonju University we checked in and got our room assignments. The dorms are really nice, thankfully, but I was ready for anything after a long day of flying. Today (Monday) we have our first day of orientation which will include a campus tour.

This is a short a sweet blog, I have tons of ideas floating in my head to write about, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment