Monday 20 August 2012

First Day of EPIK

The first day of EPIK orientation started off with breakfast and then campus tours at 10. My group, group 6, is very large. It seem to be the biggest one. We are all placed in Gyeongbuk. Another group has some Gyeongbuk teachers in it also. I met some really awesome people that will be teaching in my province. So I am super excited about that. It was terribly hot and humid during the tour. I dressed in khaki pants and cute top, but quickly found a pair of shorts to change into after the tour. A big welcome ceremony was held after lunch. My coordinator was actually one of the emcees for it. The President of JeonJu University spoke at it along with the former ambassador to Iraq. A traditional drum and then a TaeKwonDo performance entertained us prior to the speeches. The Tae Kwon Do was incredible. It was like gymnastics and cheerleading meets the ninja turtles, no joke, it was crazy.

We then broke off into our groups for smaller one on one directional time. In these groups we were given our assignments for the final presentations. It still amazes me how all of us literally just met but yet we have already made connections with one another. I've met people from Chicago, Milwaukee, New York, Connecticut, Texas, California, Oregon and so many other state along with England, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland and South Africa. This program really does offer opportunities far beyond your wildest dreams. I am so thankful to be selected for this type of job and can not wait to get started.





No comments:

Post a Comment