Sunday 23 September 2012

Gumi and Daegu Weekend


After the week got off to a crazy start with the typhoon it was smooth sailing afterwards. It went by very quickly. My classes went well. I feel like I am finally getting the hang of it. Hope I’m not speaking to soon when I say that, but it was a great week.
Thursday evening my group of friends and I started making plans for the weekend, not sure what we really wanted to do, just knowing we wanted to hangout. So Friday after school, like clockwork, I got into Gumi around 7. Friends met me at the station as always. We later met others at Waegook cook for dinner and drinks. A good cheese burger, beer, great friends and Eric Church songs playing was the perfect Friday night. I feel like we have become regulars at Waegook. It is so nice to have them know our names like we are locals. Makes you feel like you are at home when you walk in. At Waegook they were having a cocktail making competition. My friends and I got rooked into competing because there were only 3 teams at that point. So we did, somehow we pulled it off and won!! I would like to think it was because of the umbrella and fruit that I placed in it.
The party then moved to a western bar where we had fun until early in the morning. Saturday still not having a game plan we all decided to see what Daegu had to offer. Jumping on the train not really knowing what we were in for. Daegu is much larger than Gumi. We spent most of the day walking around and checking things out so next time we will have our bearings straight on where things are located. Saturday night we met up with a few other EPIK teachers and caught the latest train back to Gumi.
The weekend was one that was not planned out but turned out to be great, relaxing and a lot of fun. This week will be great too. Tuesday is my first pay day!!! Wooo, so excited. All of us have been counting down to this day!! After that the week will hopefully move very fast. Saturday my friends and I are heading to Seoul for four days. It is the Chuseok holiday (Korean Thanksgiving) so we will have three days off of school next week. Yay!!!
Here’s hoping for a great week!! 






1 comment:

  1. Thank you, for Sharing Gumi and Daegu Weekend blog. For technologies and academic projects visit our website
    Control System Based Projects on Takeoff Edu Group.

    ReplyDelete